SlickGel ES is a specially formulated canal lubrication used to aid in the negotiation of root canals by endodontic instruments. Each MicroDose™ polytube contains EDTA that chelates calcifications in the root canal system. Sodium hypochlorite irrigants react with SlickGel ES's urea peroxide to produce vigorous bubbling action that helps flush debris from the root canal system.
SlickGel ES is composed of a water-soluble base containing urea peroxide and an aqueous solution of EDTA, which aids in chemically removing the smear layer. SlickGel ES primarily provides a lubricating medium that helps with the negotiation of a stainless steel hand file into an endodontically treated tooth. This step is important in that it helps prevent blockage during the cleaning and shaping process. Combined with SmearClear, used at the end of the procedure, the smear layer can be effectively removed.
The SlickGel ES canal lubrication medium is packaged in single-use 1ml MicroDose polytubes that cut open easily. Twelve SlickGel polytubes are conveniently sealed in a resealable poly bag for easy storage and dispensing.
Features and Benefits
- Unique Single-Use Delivery
- Contains EDTA in Aqueous Solution
- Water-Soluble Lubricating Base
- MicroDose® Polytube Dispenser
- Generous Volume
- Highly Effervescent Action
- Economically Priced
- Unlike syringes or jars, single-use SlickGel ES polytubes do not require disinfection after each use, reducing cross contamination.
- EDTA helps soften calcifications and aids in negotiating the root canal system. In an aqueous solution, EDTA is smooth, not grainy.
- Superior lubricating properties aid root canal negotiation. SlickGel ES is easily flushed from the canal system and does not contain waxy fillers that might block lateral canals.
- With a gentle squeeze of the polytube, SlickGel ES can be conveniently delivered directly to the root canal chamber.
- Each 1 ml SlickGel ES polytube contains enough gel for cases involving multiple root canals.
- Sodium hypochlorite irrigants react with SlickGel ES's urea peroxide to produce vigorous bubbling action that helps flush debris from the root canal system.
- SlickGel ES is economically priced and costs less than syringe systems.