Kerr has been developing and manufacturing products that are used in every dental restorative procedure today. Our skilled salesforce works closely with a network of exclusive distributors and provides technical training and support, thus furthering our position as a global market leader. As we advance aesthetic dentistry through education and sustainable solutions based on clinician input, the name Kerr has become synonymous with integrity for dental professionals worldwide.
Kerr Company History
Kerr Corporation a manufacturer of premier dental consumables sold worldwide. Kerr is part of the KaVo Kerr Group..
The Kerr Company was established in the United States in 1891 by brothers Robert and John Kerr under name “The Detroit Dental Manufacturing Company”, and in 1893 started to export its products to European market. In 1939 company changed its name to “The KERR Manufacturing Company”. In 1959 manufacturing was started in Europe with opening of a new plant in Scafati, Italy. Kerr actively widened its assortment not only by leading dental technologies by developing innovative new products but also by acquiring other dental companies, such as in 1993, US based Demetron a producer of polymerization lamps Demetron; in 2001, Hawe Neos a Swiss producer of prevention products and accessories for filling materials; in 2003 the Czech company Spofa Dental and in 2010, a further US company Pentron Clinical.
The headquarters for Kerr worldwide is situated in Orange (California, USA). The headquarters for Kerr in Europe, Middle East and Africa is Bioggio (Switzerland), from which products and services are provided to dentists and distributors across the region. Manufacturing plants are in Orange, USA; Mexicali, Mexico; Bioggio, Switzerland; Scafati, Italy and Jicin, Czech Republic.